I'm honestly not sure why my thumb isn't green, my dad spent years tending other people's yards, working in plant nurseries, gardening, and all very successfully. My mom grows orchids in her kitchen that bloom multiple times a year despite the fact that she lives in the desert! Maybe it skips a generation, I don't know, but I am definitely looking forward to listening to several of these speakers to see if they can help break my black-thumbed curse (I've literally killed cactus!) so I can help my family eat fresh non-GMO produce from containers in our rented backyard instead of depending on the store for everything.
Today's list includes:
- Stacey Murphy ~ How I Became an Urban Farmer in Brooklyn, NY, and so can you!
- John Valenzuela ~ Finding Your Place in the Natural Design of Your Neighborhood and Backyard
- Larry Korn ~ Natural Farming and Life with Masanobu Fukuoka, from the Translator of One-Straw Revolution
- Vandana Shiva ~ Saving Seeds, Growing Food and Stopping GMOs Can Save the World
The best part about all of this is that each day the talks will be available for free viewing! I personally LOVE getting great deals and free is pretty much as good as it gets!
Now for those who maybe don't have time to check them out each day, or maybe would like to have a copy to watch again later they are also going to be available for sale.
What's in the Grow Your Own Food Summit Package?
- 32 video slideshow presentations
- 32 audio presentations
- Transcripts for each presentation (PDF)
- Bonus materials provided by presenters